Monday, March 23, 2015

Happenings...

In the last week or so Mr. TRH and I have been working on a couple projects around the house.

Project 1. Built in Bookshelf with kitchen cabinets

Ever since we moved in to this house which was over a year and a half ago, one of the things on my "to do" list was built in bookshelves in our study. We used our IKEA shelf that used to be in boys' room to hold their books and toys as a temporary shelf, but that is pretty much what you see first when you come in to our house; I REALLY wanted to tackle that. Thanks to the inspiration on a DIY post I found on Pinterest (She used kitchen cabinets to create a built in book shelf!) and with 20% off on kitchen cabinets at Home Depot one week, our project finally start rolling! Here is a picture of the progress. Mr. TRH already installed the cabinets, and I will be ready to stain the wood to cover the top. We are waiting for more material to arrive, so we can build the shelf portion and it might take us about 3 weeks to get them, grrr... I just wanted to keep working and be done, but I keep telling myself "patience, patience". I get so giddy picturing the finished bookshelf in my mind.


Projects 2. Laundry room

When we bought the house I was pretty sure that I ordered a sink hook up and cabinet for the sink and a simple shelf on the wall. When we did the walk through, the hook up was there but not the sink!? I thought "no, I ordered it, that has to be on the paper" and when I checked it, it wasn't. How did we miss that? Ugh! I guess there is always something when you are building a house. So, having a sink was one of the other things on my list. We decided to do this too, since we are already ordering the cabinets for out other project. We took down the shelf, and I patched some holes... Mr. TRH is in the process of installing the cabinets.

Home improvement projects are fun, and I feel like we are making our house into our home. I will share the finished pictures in the future! :)

2 comments :

  1. Have fun with creating your shelf! We are in the midst of home projects too as we finish building our home. So many things to remember and do when you build a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin