Monday, September 14, 2009

Way to Make Money--Six Year Old Style--

This happened a few weeks ago, I wanted to share this with you all before I forget.

One day, I picked the boys up from school as usual. I could hear Christpher and Michael in the back of the mini-van whispering to each other. Usually they are loud kids, they can't keep whispering for too long. Eventually, it got to a point that I could hear what they were talking about. I pretended that I couldn't hear anything.
Here is a part of thier conversation:

Michael: I want a Ferret and sword for Christmas.

I was thinking to myself (What? No living thing for Christmas, and no parent in their right mind would give a weapon as a present to a six year old!)

Christopher: But, remember? Mom said, you don't get living things for Christmas.

M: But I want them.

C: Maybe you can save up your allowance and buy a ferret.

Then, they started talking about how they could increase their income. They were thinking about doing a lemonade stand at a park or the parking lot at Walmart. They asked me if I could help them. I said that I would think about it.

After their homework, Michael was quietly drawing something. I got close and looked at a couple pictures, and said, "Wow, Michael, they are nice!"

Picture One:


M:Thanks, I am going to sell them.

Me: Well, who're you gonna sell them too?

He shrugged and said "I don't know. but I need the money to buy a ferret, so I am going to sell them."

The second one was a picture of a bird with no color. I asked him if he is going to color it. He said, "No, this is a swan, so I don't need to color it." He told me he was going to sell it for six dollars. Wow! What a rip off!

After a while, he showed me the new and improved bird picture:


He said it is a duck now.

Then the starving artist needed a snack and was off to play.




I have been working on a furniture makeover since last week, it is almost done!! I am so excited how it is turning out and I am going to post about it in my next post. Make sure to come back! See you soon everyone!

5 comments :

  1. Oh go on buy his pictures and get him a ferret....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story--kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, lovely anecdote - particularly the pictures. I really enjoyed. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless his heart. You gotta love his entrepreneurial spirit though.Looking forward to your furniture makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He knew what he wanted and came up with a plan. As for the ferret you don't want to hear my opinion on those. Real experience sort of . Tell he looks like he is going to be a great artist. Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin