Monday, March 30, 2009

I can't wait for spring 2

One day while at the dollar store I found this:



I love gauze; especially the way it feels. It's hard to find at fabric stores. So I was so excited when I came across this. I bought two of them and made Rachel a skirt.



Since the fabric is so thin I folded the top 1/3 or so down, so that it would be two layers thick. I added lace to the edges and elastic to the waist to finish it off.



I'm thinking about going back to the dollar store to get some more gauze to make a matching top!

6 comments :

  1. Hi,
    I'm Marnie Goodrich's sister. She told me about your sewing and quilting which I also love. I've been sewing for a long time, but never would have thought of making a skirt out of a towel. Well done! I need to see more creative possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly beautiful!! Lucky Rachel to get to wear all your creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that will look good with any shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. It came out great!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're amazing! I can't believe you made that skirt out of a towel. Hey, as I was driving on University Parkway in Orem, I noticed Home Fabrics (next to Michael's Craft) is having a closeout sale. Maybe they are going out of business. They have great fabric there, maybe you could find a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am excited to come across your blog today! I am from Saitama, Japan and married too, and also love craft stuff. It seems like we go to the same church too?? (maybe...)
    I love your creations and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin